DLT | Continuous Beam | Update Information
It is now possible to describe free concrete and free reinforcement steel.
For reinforcement on final supports minimum reinforcement acc. DIN EN 1992-1 18.104.22.168(1) is considered.
EN1992-1-1 Gleichung 6.19 is examined now for each combination of loads.
BS EN 1995-1-1:2019-09 implemented. PN-EN 1995-1-1:2010/NA:2010 implemented.
ÖNorm B1993-1-1:2017-11 implemented.
BS EN 1993-1-1/A1:2015-06 implemented.
Alternativity of loads is considered too in connection with option northgerman plateau.
EN1992-1-1 equation 6.19 according interpretation of NA Bau 2019 considered.
ÖNorm B1995 1-1:2019-06 implemented.
ÖNORM B 1992:2018-01 implemented.
Loadtransfer to B9 only possible, if the support, which shall be transferred , has a width > 0cm.
Additions for DIN EN 1993:2015 implemented.
User may determine, if the additional stiffnesses for proof of oscillation should be calculated by program
DIN EN 1993:2015 and UNI EN1995/NTC:2018 and UNI EN1992/NTC:2018 implemented
Userspecified Theta for end supports will be now considered for end supports only, no more for holes.
Window for loadtransfer of supporting forces appears only if loads are already put in.
Chapter for existing reinforcement for output in FDD appears only if existing reinforcement is already put in.
For timber girder with steel strengthening the proof of steel strengthening will no longer performed with authoritative load combination of the timber girder, but with authoritative load combination for steel.
For timber girder with timber strengthening, kcr for timber strengthening will be considered too.
for indirect supports the first design location for determination of reinforcement of joints is at the edge of support.
Reduction of loads from load transfer by PLT or GEO corrected.
For all National Annexes the vibration check can be done alternatively according to ÖNORM B 1995:2015.
Output of GammaM for earthquakes in earthquakes combinations.
New softwood and hardwood implemented according to EN 338:2016.
Output information for factor kh in case of hardwood according to Eurocode 5.
Suggestion of timber type dependent burning rates.
Change of MLTB-Interpretation for northgerman plateau implemented.
Snow as exceptinal load will now superimposed with all loads.
Combination for deflections in state II selectable
DIN EN 1992:2015 and BS EN 1992:2015 implemented
Glulam according to EN 14080:2013 implemented for Germany and Italy.
The "old" Glulam timbers are marked with * (for example GL24c*).
ÖNORM EN 1995:2015 implemented.
For Fire design accident effects are no more considered ( EN 1992-1-2 4.2.2(1).
Option accoring to EN1995 22.214.171.124 (2.10): Calculation with reduced E-Modulus for timber in combination with steel strengthened timber girder.
Steel / Aluminium
Combination for SLS deflections selectable.
Output problems with horizontal shearforce connection eliminated.
DLT starts with default design code, which is determined in the FCC project environment.
Permitted crack width can be defined by the user.
Update for DIN EN 1995:2013 in combination with Eurocode EN 1995:2014.
For cross sections, which are described by cross section values, is it possible to put in fo for the choosen material. Proof for by cross section values described cross sections will be based at these fo.
If DLT10 is called by other timber-programs permitted wnet is set by DLT .
For DIN EN1995:2013 is shown on design-window wfin, if this deflection is authoritative.
Load transfer to HO1+ is implemented.
Issues for calculation of kcr for t-beam cross-sections fixed.
Item can be saved with wnet,fin now.
Correction of load case combination with fire design: The leading action is not based on the kmod value from the design of normal temperature anymore.
EN 1993: Wind is considered with Psi1 = 0.2
Issues with FDD-Output in case of fire design fixed.
Issues with haunches in case of fire design fixed.
Gluelam with vertical laminations according to DIN EN 1995: The increased permitted strength is documented in the output now.
Issue with change from gluelam to solid wood eliminated. Kc90-Info is shown for DIN EN1995-1-1/NA:2013-08 too.
Problem of output of bar schedule (multiple output) eliminated
For settlement of supports is now for calculation the consideration of shear deformation possible.
Fire design according to EN 1995-1-2 implemented.
New dialogue for input for proof of oscilliations including support for input of stiffnesses.
design according DIN EN1995-1-1/NA:2013-08 is now possible (Attention : This code is oficially still not introduced !).
For design according DIN EN1995-1-1/NA:2013-08 for combinations with wind as shortest action kmod is calculated as arithmetic mean of short and very short.
correction of support reinforcement at right cantilever : problems eliminated, which occured calculating support reinforcement at the right cantilever if there are no negative support moments.
for proof according EN1995-1-1 the deflection wnet will now put out too .
Proof of oscillation was performed until now for all spans with the first cross section of the girder. Now it will performed with the first cross section of the actual span.
For ÖNorm EN 1995 perm wF within proof of oscillation will determined acc. 5.7.3 of NA Austria.
EN1992: 2010 introduced
For symetric design acc. EN1992 the minimum excentricity is still only considered, if the internal normal force is a compressive force.
If there are eartquakeloads or accidental loads, in the ouput is shown a message, which decribes how the program considers these loads.
problems with output of kcr eliminated.
For Output of deflections acc. EN5 under 2-axis loads for wq,fin in y-direction was put out wq,fin in z-direction.
This problem was eliminated.
For proof acc. EN 1999-1-1 is Psi0 for calculation of internal forces considered, if several actions are acitve.
problem with calculation of minimum support moments under consideration of alternativ loadcases eliminated.
If supports are indirect, single loads near supports are no longer reduced for calculation of reinforcement of joints.
For proof acc. EN1995 for T-beam cross.sections of timber kcr will be considered.
Proof acc. DIN EN 1999-1-1 possible.
For proof of oscillation the value for permitted acceleration can be defined by user now. For EN5 is ist possible to disable optionally the output of proof of acceleration if f1 > 8 Hz.
proof according EN 1993 6.2.1 (6.1) is performed now for cross-section class 4 too.
Preset of option for design of shear of slabs with cross-section of beam put to "design as slab".
EN2: Missing reduction of Vred for individual loads near supports
For EN5 were not valid materials selectable. This problem is eliminated now.
action of creeping for calculation of deflection due state II modified.
For calculation of alpha and n40, in proof of oscillation, the stiffness of length is considered per m.
problems with haunches for proof of EN3 eliminated.
for calculation of glulam with vertical Lamina was kh considered twice.This problem was eliminated.
for girders of timber strenghtened with steel, which proofed according EN5 Germany respectively Austria, could it occure that the proof of steel-part according EN3 Germany respectively Austria did not deliver results. This problem was eliminated.
reduction of single loads near of supports
design window shows the exploitation of deflection of cantilevers only, if this option is selected for output.
acc. EN consequency classes are considered.
for girders of timber, which are strengthened with steel, and proofed for timber by EN5 Germany respectively Austria the steel-part will be proofed by EN3 Germany respectively Austria.
shear design of slabs acc. DIN 1045:1988 was frequently aborted. This problem is elimninated now.
problems in design window for exploitation of deflections under EN5 eleminated.
design acc. EN3 possible.
for shear design of a reinforced slab with a cross section of a beam, may be optionally decided if you want a shear design for slab or for beam.
New dialogue for creep and shrinkage.
proof of swinging acc. EN5 possible.
problems for proof of shear for strengthening cross-sections of timber eliminated.
For girders with cantilever is put out now an advice, that for the proof of torsional-flexural buckling for the cantilever is impediment of warping considered.
problems of design of steel-concrete interface eliminated
Problems with transfer to Glaser eliminated.
For with steel-profiles strengthened cross-sections of timber girders, the strengthened steel-profile will designed according DIN 18800, if the timber cross-section is designed according EN5.
For As-line for bi-axial effect of actions, scale for output per corner adapted.
In english version loadtypes 11-16 of overspan loads translated.
If option "Inmediate calculation after loading a position" was not active, it could lead during the saving of position to an abortion of the program . This problem was solved.
for proof of shoulder shear for one-sided flanged beams is now the one-sided breadth of the flanged beam considered.
redistribution acc. DIN 1052:2008 optional possible.
support moments will be now optionally reduced.
for shearforce design for two-axis actions the outputtable contained instead the authoritative reinforcement the reinforcement of the last calculated combination. This problem was eliminated.
in head of table for support reiforcement as dimension of the support reiforcement were written mm2 instead of cm2. this problem was eliminated.
for EN5-ÖNorm-2010 appears now the adequate material window.
problem with proof against buckling eliminated (alternating lengths of buckling were not considered until now).
calculation of BTII accelerated.
haunches are correctly considered with d instead of h.
in the last column of output of deflections fII the maximum value is put out now.
EN2 Belgium, Netherlands and Czechia added.
problems with shear design at haunches corrected.
fmk for combined gluelam will no longer increased.
for Ho7 Output steico-joist under DIN 1052:2008
designing a girder of timber acc. DIN 1052:2004 or 2008 could a change of support of top flange lead to an error of output of exploitation, because in this case it could be happened that the coefficient of buckling wasn't actualized.
This problem is cleared now.
permission Z-9.1-811 from 25. Mai 2010 added.
With Steico Joist could it occure that the significant combination for design of shear force wasn't found. This problem is cleared now.
problems of communication with BTII eliminated.
- run time of program is reduced
- at calculations of theory of plasticty the tension stiffness is considered now.
- at 2-axis strain the table for existing As is corrected.
- at 2-axis strain the reiforcement per corner is shown now in diagram of the resisting tensile force.
- at line of deflections fII(g) is shown additionally.
- colour of list of rods changed. Better visible now.
- at timbergirder with constant cross section in output of graphic was cross section no. 1 shown every time, although cross section no. 2 was selected. This problem is now eliminated.
- laminated veneer lumber as main material and as material for strengthening cross section of timber is selectable now (with DIN 1052:2008 and EN 5 only).
- in design window error corrected at 2-axis strain and multipart cross section
- DIN 1052 Italy added
- design specifications for actions of category H added.
it could be determined, if actions of category H are applied at the same time with other variable actions. Alternatively it could be determined if actions of category H are not applied at the same time with actions of snow or wind.
- design specifications added for alternative consideration of snowloads as accidental situation.
- at start of output the actual code is put out now.
- At output of gamma-times internal forces, the value of gamma-g is now put out too.
- term of cross section is put now in show of graphics.
Correction: DIN 1052:2008 redistribution acc. 8.1.(6) is now considered.
Correction: DIN 1052:2004 At calculation of deflection could in any circumstances ocurre an error during calculation of variable initial deflection.
Adaption: for calculations with proof of torsional-flexural buckling the time of calculation had been otimized.
Correction: reinforcement for ductility is no more considered for calculation of final anchorage, if it is generally deselected.
Correction: EN 1992-1: the coeficient for design of shear in connection with prefabricated units now is considered correctly.
Correction: EN 1992-1:function curtailed reinforcement of span is active now.
Symbols for internal forces are renewed at button bar.
New: minimal print output profile. Minimal print creates the smallest possible output without change of output format.
Correction : In any circumstances at transfer to column of reinforced concrete was the incorrect material delivered. This could cause that the column of concrete were calculated as steel column.
Dialogue design: advise row for req. Ac at 2-axis design of reinforced concrete has been corrected.
Dialogue material: minimum requirements of concrete quality by demands of durability were assumed.
Dialogue type of girder: changing the type of girder f.i. from wood to concrete will adapt the norms correctly.
Default setting at program start: Leaving the program saves type of girder, norm and 1- resp. 2-axis design automatically for next program start.
- Correction settlement: At calculation of nodal reactions the part out of the settlements was considered with the wrong sign.
- After leaving the dialogue "settings of design" the graphic is updated now immediately.
- Earthquake: The action group of earthquake has been implemented. In the dialogue "settings of design" exists now the possibility to define special preferences for the design including loads of earthquake. Implementation of earthquake takes effect on the analysis of internal forces and the design. Structural adjustments in the reinforcement are not considered yet.
- Cross-section input: An input problem in the definition of cross-sections while changing between rectangle and plate beam was solved.
- In the input console "material" the name under the symbol "type of girder" has been corrected.
- For the design of steel girders an advanced calculation library has been implemented.
- In the output of deflections for biaxial systems the names of the direction y and z have been interchanged.
- Correction: The switch "All supports equal" is now considering the kc90 value.
- The design of vibration according to DIN 1052:2008 9.3 is considered in the design dialogue.
- In the dialogue of design the stress of the vibration design is now shown if the design of vibration is activated.
- The switch for the vibration design according to 9.3 is now placed in the register "material".
- Cross-section 1 of the system will now be displayed graphically.
- The load forwarding to the reinforced concrete programs "Console Notched Bearing B10" and "Reinforced Concrete Corbel B9" is extended by geometric properties of the continuous beam.
- The picture of reinforcement in the output is now saved with the position.
- ÖNORM B 4700: The deflection in the cracked condition was re-activated.
- Correction: Diagram of the existing tensile force at redistribution of moments.
- Correction: Design of crack width according to EN 1992-1-1.
- If in the concrete design output the tensile stress of steel or the compression stress in the concrete is not ok, the tensions are printed out bold now.
- Correction: Rotated reinforcement picture: The texts in the reinforcement will also be rotated now.
- Recess: Using recesses with plate beams the width of the cross-section at shear resistance is limited to the 3-times breadth of the web and 5-times height of the whole cross-section.
- Transfer from FEM: Optionally you can choose whether positions with many single loads the single loads shall be redistributed at 10 load points.
- EN 1992-1-1: Design of crack width: The authoritative exposure class is now being printed out.
Timber DIN 1052:1988
Correction for design with Program HO7.
- Adjustments in the calculation for the girder type STEICO.
- Design Dialogue: The button "Apply" has been implemented. After the design of a collection of cross-sections the button "Apply" can be clicked. This means that the selected cross-section is displayed and the results for the selected cross-section are refreshed. This considers for example the point of design at vertical forces.
- For the design of timber girder a new design library was implemented.
- The forwarding of loads to the reinforced concrete programs "Console Notched Bearing B10" and "Reinforced Concrete Corbel B9" has been implemented.
- The load forwarding from other programs has been extended to the load types 4, 5, 6, 14, 15, 16 supplements.
- The setting for constant strut inclination at supports near the end of the girder possibly only worked with 45 degrees.
- Correction at the cutting of the diagram of vertical forces.
- Correction in the graphic according to circular recesses.
- Correction to the 2-axial design of vertical forces: The quantity of steel in the horizontal direction was possibly printed out to large by a factor of 100.
- Lintel without restraints may not be printed in the output.
- Internal adjustments.
- Options Menu: The different usage of partial safety factors by field for dead loads can now be defined by the chosen material. Note: DIN 1045-1 allows to use the partial safety factor of dead loads constant for the whole girder. This possibility is not extra allowed in the design standards for aluminium, steel and timber.
- Recess: Holes are now shown with measure dimension in the graphic. The geometric definition of the recess can be done according to the beginning of the hole or according to the middle of the hole.
- design of vertical forces: In addition to the existing options, to do the design of vertical forces with reduced single loads or with full single loads in the point of design near to the support, now it is also possible to work with reduced single loads considering the point of design directly at the support.
- Load forwarding: The load forwarding to the program "HO1 Timber Column" has been refreshed and extended to DIN 1052:2004.
- The anchorage at the end of the beam is now available with 100% or 50% of the shear force in the axis of the ending support of girder.
Interface adaptations in the context of cooperation with the company SEMA.
- Interface "Building GEO": Adjustments in cooperation with the "Building GEO" for action groups.
- DIN 1045-1: When using multiple cross-sections, it could happen that the wrong coefficients may be used at the design of incomplete interactions between joints.
- Options Menu: The immediate calculation after loading a position can now be disabled.
- Design of vertical forces: Horizontal jumps in cross-sections between support and point of design are considered now additionally.
-The load values gle /ple can now be accepted in the load values gri / pri by using the space bar.
- Graphic of loads: If more than 2 single loads are placed at the same position, 2 stars and a reference text are placed instead of the load value texts in the graphic.
- Design: If no cross-section is part of the defined area of design, the smallest cross-section of the current cross-section series is offered.
Reinforced concrete: DIN 1045-1
- Choice of design standards: DIN 1045-1  can be selected now.
- The reinforcement picture can be added to the output now.
Selection of design standard: Correction for the selection of reinforced concrete standard EC2 Italy.
- Correction load forwarding: When using freely-defined action groups in the forwarding load of the program "Building GEO" to the program "DLT Continuous Beam" it could be happen that the program shut down.
- DIN 1052: Using the enhanced profile it could happen that instead of the design value the characteristic value of tensile strength of steel was used for design.
- In uniaxial design and output of the minimal characteristic internal forces, the index "d" is removed from the table header.
Since this Version the shear deformation is optional switchable for each material.
Reinforced concrete: DIN 1045-1 [2001-07]
-The reduction of vertical forces at haunches according 10.3.2 is now optional be disabled.
Timber: DIN 1052 [2004-08]
- For the proof of support pressure the kc90-factor can be defined for each support separately now.
- Using the biaxial girder type the support pressure in the z-direction will be considered now.
- The simplified vibration design according to 9.3 can now be deactivated optionally.
transfer of supportforces to STS is now possible.