Crane Runway Girder
The S9+ program is used to calculate crane runway girders in accordance with EN 1993-1-1 and EN 1993-6. The crane systems top-mounted gantry crane, suspension crane and monorail underslung crane are available for selection. Crane systems with two cranes maximum and up to four axes can be designed.
Discover now more programs from the section Steel!SHOW MORE
- Structural steel: S235, S275, S355, S450
- Annealed steel (S275N – S460N)
- Thermo-steel (S275M – S460M)
- Weathering steel (S235W – S355W)
- High-temperature steel (S460Q – S460QL1)
- Hollow section, hot-finished (S235H – S355H)
- Hollow section, hot-finished, fine-grain (S275NH – S460NH)
- User-defined steel
- Single-span or multi-span girders with or without shear-force joints or moment joints
- Arrangement of dumpers on one or both sides
- Top mounted gantry cranes, suspension cranes and monorail underslung cranes
- Maximum two cranes with up to four axes
- Rolled and user-defined I cross-sections with and w/o top flange angles
- Crane rails, A-shape or F-shape, clamped
- Flat steel rails, welded or clamped
- Arrangement of buckling stiffeners
- Any type of support possible (horizontal, vertical, torsion and warping, each definable as rigid support or spring)
- Supports can be defined at different x-coordinates
- Automatic determination of crane loads in accordance with the standard (self-weight, vertical wheel loads and horizontal lateral loads) or load entry in accordance with the crane data sheet
- Load cases and crane crossings are determined automatically and can be edited and extended
- Wind loads and seismic loads can be considered
- Vibration coefficients and partial safety factors are considered automatically and are editable
- Hoisting classes H1 to H4
- Duty classes S0 to S9
- Automatic determination of the initial imperfection
The calculation is performed in a second-order bending torsion analysis. The internal forces, deformations and stresses are determined with consideration of warping torsion in a second-order analysis. The verification of the cross-section is performed at the stress level with γM=1.1, which means that no further stability verifications are necessary. The program automatically determines the most unfavourable load position for each verification.
The elastic cross-sectional resistance is verified with consideration of warping moments and torsional moments. Moreover, the local wheel load application on the upper or lower flange is verified depending on the selected crane system. For suspension cranes, the local load application caused by suspension at the top flange is also verified. For gantry cranes, the web buckling verification is performed.
Within the framework of the serviceability limit state design, the deformation limitation is verified. In addition, the verification of web breathing is performed and the vibration limitation at the lower flange is checked.
In the fatigue limit state, the fatigue resistance of the cross-section as well as the local wheel load application on the upper or lower flange are verified depending on the selected crane system. For suspension cranes, the local load application caused by suspension on the top flange is verified in addition. In the case of welded flat steel rails on gantry cranes, the weld seam between the rail and the upper flange is checked.
Document file formats
- Pre-set brief output or user-defined scope
- Internal forces: N, My, Qz, MT, Mz, Qy, MW
- Limit lines of the internal forces
- Stresses: σ,x ; τ,z ; σ,v
- Utilization Eta: n,el ; n,fat
- Results at the individual cross-section points (axial stress, shear stress and equivalent stress)
- Buckling Analysis PLII+
- Lateral Torsional Buckling Analysis BTII+
- Single-span Steel Column STS+
- ASCII-file (with selectable options)
- EN 1993-6
- DIN EN 1993-6
- ÖNORM EN 1993-6
- BS EN 1993-6
Release 2023-2: FRILO presents a new program for the calculation of strut-and-tie models in reinforced concrete construction
FRILO Software GmbH has successfully delivered the software version 2023-2. With the update, the provider of innovative solutions for structural analysis and design is launching a new program that allows the generation of frameworks in reinforced concrete construction.
BAU 2023 a complete success for FRILO, SCIA and DC
At the joint stand of the Nemetschek Group, FRILO, SCIA and DC presented the software range for structural analysis and foundation engineering.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CET