With the program Pfahl+, the internal and external load-bearing capacity of bored piles with rectangular and circular cross-sections can be verified.
Both the soil settlements in the vicinity of the pile and, derived from this, a negative skin friction as well as the lateral pressure acting on the piles can be taken into consideration. The axial pile resistances, due to skin friction and end-bearing pressure, can optionally be determined either by evaluating static or dynamic pile test loads or based on empirical values given by the recommendations of the pile work group “EA-Pfähle” separately for the serviceability limit state (SLS) and the ultimate limit state (ULS).
Discover now more programs from the section Soil Analysis!SHOW MORE
- Active/interactive reinforced concrete design
- Uplift resistance verification of tension piles, if applicable
- Optionally selectable automatic stress adaptation
- Definition of pile groups to derive the actions from lateral pressure
- Definition of the pile system (cross-section, shaft length, toe expansion, if applicable)
- Definition of the pile material (optionally with creep effects)
- Durability verification via exposure classes
- Any number of horizontal layers
- Freely selectable soil parameters
- Assignment to soil types (backfill, soft layer, bearing layer)
- Special parameters for the calculation of settlements and negative skin friction (via total or effective stresses)
- Horizontal ground top edge
- Stagnant groundwater can optionally be taken into account. The buoyant unit weight of the water-saturated soil is automatically considered.
- Any pile loads in the form of vertical or horizontal head loads or head moments along the two main axes. Free assignment to types of actions according to EC 0 and to concurrency and alternative groups, if applicable.
- Optionally, a surface load can be defined in the immediate vicinity of the pile.
- Via interface to the program Soil Settlement SBR+, the soil settlement in the pile vicinity and, optionally, the generated negative skin friction can be calculated automatically.
- Via interface to the program Earth Pressure EDB+, optionally, an action caused by lateral pressure due to flowing soil can be calculated automatically.
The individual load cases are automatically superimposed and the decisive design combination is assigned to each verification.
- Optional non-linear design in a second-order analysis with non-linear internal forces and material behaviour
- Continuous reinforcement over the total length or over specific sections
- Special setting options for serviceability (minimum eccentricities, min As for compression members)
Axial pile resistances
- Determination by specifying characteristic total resistances (separately for compression and tension)
- Evaluation of static pile test loads (data-entry dialog and automatic/specific evaluation of any number of measuring series) → Resistance-settlement curve
- Evaluation of dynamic pile test loads (data-entry dialog and automatic/specific evaluation of any number of measuring series) → Resistance-settlement curve
- Determination of the resistance-settlement curve from empirical tabular values for end-bearing pressure and skin friction specified in the recommendations of the pile work group “EA-Pfähle”
Lateral pile resistances
Determination by specifying subgrade reaction moduli and subgrade areas:
- Automatic derivation of the subgrade from soil layers and soil properties
- User-defined subgrade areas
- Optional automatic modification and setting of the subgrade areas with calculation functions (constant, linear, parabolic)
- Automatic inclusion of the two- and three-dimensional earth resistances in the subgrade areas
- User-defined specification of the greatest permissible displacements in the three main directions and as a resultant
Document file formats
- Comparison of pile settlement and soil settlement with representation of the neutral points in the serviceability and ultimate limit states for the derivation of negative skin friction
- Mapping of the resistance settlement curve for the end-bearing pressure, the skin friction, and the pile bearing capacity derived from empirical values or test loading
- Design internal forces for compression and tension piles in the serviceability limit state SLS and the ultimate limit state ULS.
- Mobilised subgrade stresses, both in the direction of the main axes and as a resultant
- Superposition of the subgrade stresses with the earth resistance to represent the required stress limitation and the relocations of the subgrade stresses to greater depth if applicable.
- Deformation of the pile along the main axes and as a resultant in the SLS
- Representation of the selected and required reinforcement
- Soil Settlement SBR+ (calculation of the decisive settlement in the pile environment to determine the negative skin friction)
- Earth Pressure Calculation EDB+ (calculation of the decisive lateral earth pressure and the earth resistances)
- Reinforced Concrete Column B5+ (calculation of the pile as a column on elastic foundation in accordance with the subgrade reaction modulus method)
- DIN EN 1997
- ÖNORM EN 1997
- DIN EN 1992
- ÖNORM EN 1992
- BS EN 1992
Release 2023-2: FRILO presents a new program for the calculation of strut-and-tie models in reinforced concrete construction
FRILO Software GmbH has successfully delivered the software version 2023-2. With the update, the provider of innovative solutions for structural analysis and design is launching a new program that allows the generation of frameworks in reinforced concrete construction.
BAU 2023 a complete success for FRILO, SCIA and DC
At the joint stand of the Nemetschek Group, FRILO, SCIA and DC presented the software range for structural analysis and foundation engineering.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CET