With the SFB+ program, fin plate connections in steel construction can be designed. SFB+ performs all required verifications for fin plate connections in the configurations “secondary beam to steel beam” or “secondary beam to steel column”.
Discover now more programs from the section Steel!SHOW MORE
- Structural steel: S235, S275, S355, S450
- Annealed steel (S275N – S460N)
- Thermo-steel (S275M – S460M)
- Weathering steel (S235W – S355W)
- High-temperature steel (S460Q – S460QL1)
- Hollow section, hot-finished (S235H – S355H)
- Hollow section, hot-finished, fine-grain (S275NH – S460NH)
- User-defined steel
- Fin plate connection: secondary beam to steel beam
- Fin plate connection: secondary beam to steel column
- Flexurally rigid connection at weld seam or at bolt centre of gravity
- For a connection to a beam, the secondary beam can have a notch on top, on bottom, or on both sides
- I-sections as standard shapes
- User-defined I-sections
- Depending on the selected design model (flexurally rigid at the weld seam or in the bolt pattern), design internal forces caused by axial force, moment, and shear force can be defined.
- Design internal forces refer to the centre of gravity of the bolt pattern.
- Multiple combinations of design internal forces can be entered.
- Bolts (black bolts and fit bolts)
- Sizes: M12; M16; M20; M22; M24; M27; M30; M36
- Strength classes: 4.6; 5.6; 8.8; 10.9
Either the elastic or plastic cross-sectional resistance of the fin plate is verified. For the verification of the weld seam, the user can select whether the simplified or directional method should be used. For the bolted connection, the verification of the embedding pressure as well as the verification of shear action are performed.
Document file formats
- Pre-defined standard scope
- Brief scope
- Extensive scope
- DIN EN 1993
- ÖNORM EN 1993
- BS EN 1993
Release 2023-2: FRILO presents a new program for the calculation of strut-and-tie models in reinforced concrete construction
FRILO Software GmbH has successfully delivered the software version 2023-2. With the update, the provider of innovative solutions for structural analysis and design is launching a new program that allows the generation of frameworks in reinforced concrete construction.
BAU 2023 a complete success for FRILO, SCIA and DC
At the joint stand of the Nemetschek Group, FRILO, SCIA and DC presented the software range for structural analysis and foundation engineering.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CET