Steel Column Base
The ST3 program is used to design unbraced base plates. The base plate is supported by a mortar joint on concrete.
Discover now more programs from the section Steel!SHOW MORE
- Structural steel: S235, S275, S355, S450
- Annealed steel (S275N – S460N)
- Thermo-steel (S275M – S460M)
- Weathering steel (S235W – S355W)
- High-temperature steel (S460Q – S460QL1)
- Hollow section, hot-finished (S235H – S355H)
- Hollow section, hot-finished, fine-grain (S275NH – S460NH)
- User-defined steel
- Reinforced concrete: C12/15 to C50/60
- User-defined concrete
- Base plates with tie rods and shear cleats, if required
- I-sections, square, rectangular, and circular hollow sections as standard shapes
- Double T-sections, rectangular and circular hollow sections as user-defined shapes
- Base plate
- Flat steel as standard shape
- Rectangular solid section as user-defined shape
- Shear cleats
- Flat-steel connectors
- Profile dowels (standard I-sections or user-defined I-sections
- Optionally, design internal forces or characteristic internal forces from axial force, moment (My) and shear force (Vz, Vy (only considered in the shear connector design)).
- Multiple combinations of design internal forces can be entered.
As a standard, a verification of the plastic cross-sectional resistance is performed for the column section and the shear connectors in accordance with EN 1993-1-1. Optionally, the user can verify the cross-sections for their elastic resistance. The verification of the base plate and the anchors is based on the component method as per DIN EN 1993-1-8. The shear forces can be transferred via friction or mechanical shearing protections (profile or flat steel dowels).
Furthermore, the weld seams (circumferential fillet welds) in the joint of the column and the base plate as well as in the joint of the base plate and the connector are verified. If pure compressive effects of actions occur, the verifications of the base plate according to DIN EN 1993 can also be performed for circular and other hollow sections.
In combination with DIN 18800, the calculation of the maximum tie rod force at the base plate under moment action is performed according to Kahlmeyer or Thiele/Lohse.
Document file formats
- User-defined output scope
- DIN EN 1993
- ÖNORM EN 1993
- DIN 18800